Setup Your Business
Go to google.com/business
Click ‘Sign in’ in the top right corner and sign in with your Gmail email/password. *If you need to sign in with a non-Gmail password, please click below and follow these steps: Google Support
If you have an existing Gmail account then please sign in and continue
- Enter the name of your business then press next.
*This will show on maps/Google search.
- Next, click ‘Yes’ if you have a shop/location that you want to show on Google maps, that customers can visit. Click ‘No’ if you travel to your customers.
a. If ‘Yes’ enter the address you want your customers to visit. If you visit customers as well, select ‘yes’ on the next question and you can enter the areas you cover.
Enter the area you cover. E.g. ‘East Midlands’, or, ‘ U.K.’, Northern Ireland’ or, ‘Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, Cheltenham’ etc. Be as specific as possible and enter as many areas as you can.
Next, enter the region you are located in.
Choose the best business category for your business. Niche business categories aren’t always covered. Pick the category that is closest to what you do.
- Enter the information you want to show on your listing. Business phone number and your Gatsboy website should be added.
- Next, choose a way to verify. Sometimes the option to verify via call/text/ video is available, follow the on-screen instructions as applicable; for all other business types, postal verification is necessary.
Verify Your Listing
Once your postcard arrives, log back into google.com/business
Click on ‘Home’ on the left sidebar.
If you can’t see the sidebar, but can see your business name, click on your business name and you should be taken to the home page with a view of the sidebar.
Look for the ‘Pending Verification’ box.
Click ‘Enter verification code’.
Enter your 5 digit code.
- Congratulations! You have successfully verified your listing and your listing is now published on Google Maps and on Google Search.